JOIN THE CLASSIC TILEWORKS TEAM OF TILE CRAFTSMAN
Grow with us!
We are looking for experienced tile craftsman who love to put their hands and their skills to use in providing top notch, forever-lasting, tile and stone installations in the northeast Ohio area. In 2020 one of our master tile setters passed away, and at the same time we have seen an incredible rise in the remodeling sector. As a result, we are swamped with work and turning jobs away, especially in the commercial sector that requires a sizeable crew and significant manpower.
Would you be an excellent fit to work alongside our team of tile setters? You will get to set tiles of various materials in patterns ranging from basic to complex in areas such as kitchen backsplashes, custom tile showers, and tile and stone floors. You may learn new approaches from other experienced tile setters and even share some tips of your own. We follow the industry standards as published by the Tile Council of North America (TCNA) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and have a great relationship with Laticrete International as the manufacturer who provides the backbone and warranty behind all our installations. Whether you join us as an employee or independent contractor, we highly value all our team members.
Not CTEF certified yet?
That’s understandable, since Ohio unfortunately does not have certification or licensing requirements for Tile trade professionals. However, we will provide education and training to help you qualify to become a Certified Tile Installer and even pay for your exam and testing.
We find the work for you!
Classic Tileworks is a well established company, having served the area since 2005. We have excellent word of mouth referrals, a strong web presence, and website that is informative. The site demonstrates that we provide the highest quality of tile installation, and the word of mouth referrals back that up, and so we get several estimate requests and incoming leads. We are also part of the largest commercial building network in the area, even though we have been neglecting those commercial opportunities as of late. But we hope to change that with your help. The point is, we are very capable of keeping you busy. If you take pride in your skills as a tile craftsman and help us maintain our fine image and reputation, we’ll aim to treat you right and make you feel like you are part of a family here.
Please read the job details on this page and give some serious thought to joining our team!
Classic Tileworks LLC, a company specializing in tile and stone installations in the Akron, Canton, and Cleveland Ohio areas, is looking for highly skilled and qualified individuals for residential and commercial tile installation. If interested, please respond with a description of your experience, training/education, location, expectations, availability, and references.
Job Description: Properly prepare surfaces for the installation of tile or stone, and provide fabulous finish work that makes homeowners happy – by measuring, cutting, and installing tile.
Compensation: Depends on our relationship. For example, a subcontractor is gets paid per job, based on a combination of square foot and linear foot rates, percentages, hourly, etc.
- Must be able to provide good communication to Classic Tileworks and it’s clients.
- Follow TCNA installation guidelines and use correct tools for achieving accurate installation standards.
- Be professional, motivated to excel, and take pride in your skilled craft.
- Help build the company image by producing highest quality installations and using ethical trade practices.
- You should have at least 2 or more years of experience as a lead installer (no “runaway helpers” who did not spend years as an apprentice).
- Knowledge of industry standards for residential and commercial installations.
- Have experience in fast paced production and understand the importance of meeting completion deadlines.
- Be able to read and follow blueprints and work orders precisely as well as mark and measure surfaces that need to be tiled to determine how to go about jobs.
- Know how to prepare surfaces before tiling by making them flat, level, plumb, pitched, or waterproof depending on the application BEFORE even setting your first tile.
- Align tiles and straighten them with straightedges, levels and squares to ensure patterns are even and precise.
- Mix and apply grout and be able to clean it to the point of leaving no haze behind.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- If subcontracting, you must have your own installation tools and must have a general liability insurance policy and provide us with a certificate naming Classic Tileworks LLC as Additional Insured.
Customer Service, Thoroughness, Heavy Lifting, Safety Management, Decision Making, Job Knowledge, Teamwork, Verbal Communication, Results Driven, Proactive, Detail Oriented, High school diploma or GED, Basic Math Skills, Previous experience setting tiles, Carpentry and renovation experience a plus.